15-Minute Healthy Breakfast
Omelette and Hash Browns
1) Wash and dry one small russet or other potato (leave peeling on for fiber and food value).
2) Heat skillet to medium heat. Add light coat of olive oil or other oil.
3) Using Borner Powerline Grater (coarse side), grate potato into hash browns (30 seconds).
4) Pat grated potatoes between paper towels to remove moisture.
5) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and other spices as desired.
6) Add to heated skillet, press together with spatula into patty shape.
7) While hash browns are cooking, use Borner Powerline V5 to dice (larger blade insert) part of a medium onion and about half a bell pepper.
8) When hash brown patty is browned on one side (approximately 3-4 minutes), flip over and cook on other side.
9) Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to skillet to brown the bell pepper and onion for 1-2 minutes.
10) Mix veggies in with eggs, stir briskly until well blended. (add cheese if desired)
11) Remove hash brown patty, put on plate.
12) Reduce heat to low-medium, add omelette mixture to skillet, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
13) Flip omelette over to complete cooking. Garnish with fresh tomato slices (thinnest setting with Powerline V5), chopped parsley, cilantro, and/or more cheese.
Total preparation and cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Click here to learn more about a healthy life.